Collected by AFAR Explorer
Londres 247, Del Carmen, Coyoacán, 04100 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
The cobalt-blue-and-brick-red residence where now-legendary Mexican visual artist Frida Kahlo grew up—and at times lived with husband Diego Rivera—is one of the city’s most consistently packed attractions; buying tickets in...
Aristóteles 8, Polanco Chapultepec, Polanco IV Secc, 11560 Miguel Hidalgo, CDMX, Mexico
Tienda MAP, the Museo de Arte Popular store, offers folk art from from different regions of Mexico. You’ll find a typical hand-woven shawl from Estado de México, huichol bracelets made in San Luis Potosí, or even maque from Michoacán. In total,...
Av. Veracruz 15, Condesa, 06140 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Mezcal has almost substituted tequila as the spirit of choice in high-end restaurants and simple bars alike. Recently a couple of mezcal specialized boutiques opened across the city. One of them is Sabrá Dios Mezcalería, where you can buy bottles...
Alejandro Dumas 81, Polanco, Polanco IV Secc, 11560 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
El Péndulo elevates the café-bookstore concept exceptionally well, inviting you to linger for hours over coffee and pastries in its large, two-level cafe (there are even tables on the second floor's balcony). Books in Spanish and...
Plaza San Jacinto 15, San Ángel TNT, San Ángel, 01000 Álvaro Obregón, CDMX, Mexico
While shopping in the San Ángel district, make sure to check out the fabulous store Tocamadera. Doug and I could have gone absolutely crazy in here, spending our hard-earned dinero on the amazing artisan objects, one-of-a-kid woodwork furniture...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Where to Go in Spring California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know