Collected by Yvonne Gonzalez
Calle Dr. José Felipe Flores 36, Barrio de Guadalupe, 29230 San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chis., Mexico
Casa Felipe Flores provides an extremely pleasant and comfortable base for exploring San Cristobal, a beautiful colonial city in Chiapas which is the gateway to the spectacular Mayan ruins of Palenque, Tonina, Bonampak and Yaxchilan, as well as...
2a. Calle Sur Pte. 20, Centro, 30000 Comitán de Domínguez, Chis., Mexico
Comitán de Dominguez, in southern Chiapas, is a colonial city without the colonial pretense. It has been given the title of Pueblo Magico, along with other more famous cities like San Cristobal de las Casas, and San Miguel de Allende. It is...
Chamula, Chis., Mexico
Jump in a taxi/combi from San Cristobal de las Casas and tell the driver, 'por favor, gustaria ir a Chamula'.... He will whisk you away about 25 minutes into the mountains above San Cristobal to a small village-esque place with a mix of Mexican...
Cementerio, San Sebastián, Chamula, Chis., Mexico
Imagine your favorite church. Now remove the furniture, and put in a carpet of fragrant soft pine needles. Then light it up with tens of thousands of candles and enormous bouquets of local flowers. Breathtaking. In this indigenous village outside...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign