Collected by Yvonne Gonzalez
Calle Dr. José Felipe Flores 36, Barrio de Guadalupe, 29230 San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chis., Mexico
Casa Felipe Flores provides an extremely pleasant and comfortable base for exploring San Cristobal, a beautiful colonial city in Chiapas which is the gateway to the spectacular Mayan ruins of Palenque, Tonina, Bonampak and Yaxchilan, as well as...
2a. Calle Sur Pte. 20, Centro, 30000 Comitán de Domínguez, Chis., Mexico
Comitán de Dominguez, in southern Chiapas, is a colonial city without the colonial pretense. It has been given the title of Pueblo Magico, along with other more famous cities like San Cristobal de las Casas, and San Miguel de Allende. It is...
Chamula, Chis., Mexico
Jump in a taxi/combi from San Cristobal de las Casas and tell the driver, 'por favor, gustaria ir a Chamula'.... He will whisk you away about 25 minutes into the mountains above San Cristobal to a small village-esque place with a mix of Mexican...
Cementerio, San Sebastián, Chamula, Chis., Mexico
Imagine your favorite church. Now remove the furniture, and put in a carpet of fragrant soft pine needles. Then light it up with tens of thousands of candles and enormous bouquets of local flowers. Breathtaking. In this indigenous village outside...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter