Collected by Dave Walsh
Juan de Palafox y Mendoza, Centro, 72000 Puebla, Pue., Mexico
The toy vendors, working around the zócalo (main square) in Puebla, Mexico have taken the task of selling balloons to new heights. Somewhere, under this enormous mass of rubber and plastic encased helium is a small little pushcart and I mean,...
Bonampak, Chis., Mexico
The classic Mayan site of Bonampak, located deep in the jungles of Chiapas, Mexico, holds one of the most unlikely and important discoveries in the history of Mayan archaeological investigation. The story of the wall murals is a story of an...
Tonina, Chis., Mexico
The ancient Maya city of Tonina has its ceremonial core built onto a hillside, creating the appearacnce of one massive pyramid. Tonina reached its zenith during the Classic Period (250-900 AD) and was an adversary of Palenque. The hillside temple...
Monte Albán, Oax., Mexico
The Zapotec ruled above the Valley of Oaxaca from their hilltop capital, named Monte Alban. Any visit to Oaxaca should include a tour of these impressive ruins. The native people living in Oaxaca today can trace their heritage directly back to the...
Edzna, Campeche, Mexico
Edzna is a large Maya ruin located about an hour away from Campeche, Mexico. The features a five story ceremonial pyramid, which was constructed in the Classic Period (650-900 AD). The site has a long history that dates back to the Preclassic...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village