Collected by Sarah Rowe
Holbox, Q.R., Mexico
Holbox is a beautiful and tranquil fishing village. One of the best things to do is a long walk on the beautiful beach overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. A walk that can last 2 hours without seeing a tourist, but rather several Mexican for enjoying...
Isla Holbox, Quintana Roo, Mexico
This tiny island is north of Isla Mujeres and Cancun and is only 26 miles long and offers visitors in search of a "Robinson Crusoe" experience the perfect escape. Long, sweeping beaches beckon with water sports, snorkeling, sport fishing, and...
Igualdad Manzana 1 Lote 1, 77310 Holbox Island, Q.R., Mexico
Ideal beachfront location, far from the madding crowd? Check. Charming palapa-style accommodations with daily housekeeping? Check. Dreamy, draped, hanging beach beds and hammocks, perfect for siestas and sunset-viewing? Check. I loved Mawimbi’s...
México 307, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Secluded and service-oriented are the adjectives that best describe Rosewood Mayakoba, a resort in Playa del Carmen that opened in 2008. At 1,600 acres, the resort is expansive, offering plenty of room for guests to feel that they have their own...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands