Collected by Joseph Cyr, AFAR Local Expert
Get beyond the border-issues, and the variety of the 'many Mexicos' is an endless delight...
Panormica S/N, San Javier, 36020 Guanajuato, Gto., Mexico
The colonial mining city of Guanajuato is often compared to someplace ELSE: Toledo in Spain, the hilltowns of Italy or the south of France...But Guanajuato has a flavor all its own in central Mexico...My wife and I spent a happy few days...
37800 Dolores Hidalgo, Guanajuato, Mexico
This has to be the most colorful thing I've ever seen in a cemetery. In the town of Dolores Hidalgo in central Mexico, singer José Alfredo Jiménez (1926-1973), "El Rey," is memorialized by this sombrero-and-serape tomb. The names of some of his...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys