Collected by Joseph Cyr, AFAR Local Expert
Get beyond the border-issues, and the variety of the 'many Mexicos' is an endless delight...
Panormica S/N, San Javier, 36020 Guanajuato, GTO, Mexico
The colonial mining city of Guanajuato is often compared to someplace ELSE: Toledo in Spain, the hilltowns of Italy or the south of France...But Guanajuato has a flavor all its own in central Mexico...My wife and I spent a happy few days...
37800 Dolores Hidalgo, Guanajuato, Mexico
This has to be the most colorful thing I've ever seen in a cemetery. In the town of Dolores Hidalgo in central Mexico, singer José Alfredo Jiménez (1926-1973), "El Rey," is memorialized by this sombrero-and-serape tomb. The names of some of his...
- 1Where to Go in FallThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World