Collected by Katy Hoogerwerf
An island town without a single road on it, rises from the center of Patzcuaro Lake. Janitzio Island is cone shaped, with an enormous statue of Jose Maria Morelos, one of the leaders of the Mexican Independence, on top. An indigenous Purhepecha...
Madrigal de Las A. Torres, Centro, 61600 Pátzcuaro, Mich., Mexico
One of the nicest markets in Patzcuaro is the Casa de los Once Patios (Eleven Patios), housed in a converted nunnery. The cloistered sisters needed air and outdoor time, hence the eleven beautiful gardens and patios, shielded with high walls from...
Camino a Sanabria-Ucazanaztacua Km.10.5 Sin Número, Lago de Pátzcuaro, 58440 Tzintzuntzan, Mich., Mexico
With all the negative press Mexico has been under, I set out on my own on a week long trip to Guadalajara and Morelia to prove a single woman without knowledge of Spanish can have an amazing and safe trip. Having realized the hotel I heard about...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys