Collected by Julia R.
Calle 72 63, Barrio de Santiago, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Each Tuesday around 7:30pm, locals from in around central Mérida descend on the square in Parque Santiago to dance “danzon” under the stars at the weekly event called “Remembranzas Musicales”. A form of dance and music, “danzón” was introduced...
Calle 57 y 62, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
For a good meal in Merida, look no further than La Chaya in the Centro area. While the hostesses dressed in traditional costumes and tortilla making demonstration may seem a little kitschy, it's all part of the fun and buzz of this eatery that is...
Mérida, Yucatan, Mexico
Find your way to the lesser visited Merida, Mexico, and head in to one of the many open air and covered markets. You'll find yourself surrounded with sights and smells beyond what most have ever imagined in one place. Let your nose lead you to a...
Calle 59 425, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
The local cantinas in the Yucatán are renowned for filling customer tables with free snacks -or botanas- for each beverage ordered. With each successive round of drinks the snacks get better and by the time you leave, you’ve eaten a great meal. Of...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now