Collected by Andrea Spero
Calle 58 520, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
A trip to Merida would not be complete without making a stop at this legendary sorbet shop that has been open for over 100 years. Situated right across the zócalo (main square), you can sit by the sidewalk and people watch while cooling off...
Calle 57 y 62, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
For a good meal in Merida, look no further than La Chaya in the Centro area. While the hostesses dressed in traditional costumes and tortilla making demonstration may seem a little kitschy, it's all part of the fun and buzz of this eatery that is...
Por la 54 y 56, Calle 47, #471, Zona Paseo Montejo, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Casa Lecanda, situated off the city centre of Merida, the capital of Yucatan; was easily the most stunning boutique hotels that I have stayed in. The hotel's owners and architects have managed to restore the ruined old hacienda and transform it...
Mérida, Yucatan, Mexico
Find your way to the lesser visited Merida, Mexico, and head in to one of the many open air and covered markets. You'll find yourself surrounded with sights and smells beyond what most have ever imagined in one place. Let your nose lead you to a...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands