Collected by John Gillilan
Calle 56A 47A, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Sorbets made from fresh fruit flavors as diverse as coconut, guava and mamay are served in retro glass bowls. The experience is definitely as much about nostalgia as it is about sorbets. From the hand-painted wooden boards listing flavors to the...
Calle 30 Por Calle 37B y Calle 39 315, San Ramón Nte, 97117 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
We enjoyed our 14-course tasting menu dinner experience at Kuuk. The chefs are inventive in creating dishes symbolic and metaphoric, relating to Mayan culture. One of the dishes was a diorama of a cenote. The pictured dish was a cloud forest green...
Calle 72 63, Barrio de Santiago, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Each Tuesday around 7:30pm, locals from in around central Mérida descend on the square in Parque Santiago to dance “danzon” under the stars at the weekly event called “Remembranzas Musicales”. A form of dance and music, “danzón” was introduced...
Calle 49 No 516 x 62 y 64 Col Centro, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Many times in Mexico, travel experts suggest that non-locals avoid tap water. This is correct - advice worth following. Many tourists however, avoid all popsicle stands that offer fruit + water popsicles, missing a truly unique opportunity to try...
Mérida, Yucatan, Mexico
Find your way to the lesser visited Merida, Mexico, and head in to one of the many open air and covered markets. You'll find yourself surrounded with sights and smells beyond what most have ever imagined in one place. Let your nose lead you to a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna