Collected by Derek Butcher, AFAR Staff
7751 CA-1, Little River, CA 95456, USA
I was invited to be one of six judges at the annual Mendocino County Crab & Wine Days crab cake cook-off and wine-pairing competition. This was the first of the 11 entries we sampled. We later tasted 50 wines (!) to see how they paired with fresh...
Fort Bragg, CA 95437, USA
Another highlight of the annual Mendocino Coast Crab and Wine Days festival is the cioppino dinner, held in the Fort Bragg Pentacostal Church hall. The fresh Dungeness crab is "swimming" in an amazing broth given added texture and kick from ground...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights