Collected by Harriet Sanford
180 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3006, Australia
Stroll the laneways or visit one of the many museums; Melbourne is the city for art lovers. The National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) is Melbourne’s most well-known art gallery. It has a free permanent collection and regularly hosts major...
1 Southgate Ave, Melbourne VIC 3006, Australia
Tiffins upon tiffins of all things sweet and delicious were being paraded past me and settled on tables. My mouth was watering - I hadn't eaten breakfast - and the smell of warm scones and sweet fruit weren't helping keep my growling stomach at...
20 Presgrave Pl, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
It was nine o'clock on a Monday night when the newcomer shuffled in. The bar was empty, but the shelves were full, the decanters filled. Hayden Lambert, head bartender, was behind the counter. No jacket required. Just a nightcap. In this...
9 Hosier Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Aerosol-wielding artistsfrom around the world have lefttheir mark on Melbourne. HosierLane, declared a “graffiti tolerancezone” by the city council, containsthe area’s densest collectionof spray-painted masterpieces. —Chris Baty This appeared in...
10 Russell Pl, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
If you looking for an after hours lounge to relax in, Gin Palace is a swanky, quieter, dim-lit place with comfy sofas and high-style cocktails. Undergrounds aren't usually classy, but this one exceeds that and all typical speakeasy expectations....
Melbourne VIC, Australia
- 1 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 2 Expat Life The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country