Meknes, Volibulis, Moulay Idriss
Collected by Susan
Avenue des F.A.R, Meknes 50000, Morocco
One of a small amount of similar sites open to non-Muslims, this tomb along the main street in Meknes is a colorful site to behold. A series of ornately tiled and carved antechambers lead you to the tomb of the sultan, where you must remove your...
The great Almohad sultan, Moulay Ismail made Meknes his imperial capital and it is there that he is entombed. Although his mausoleum lies stone’s throw from Place El-Hedim and Bab al-Mansour, it’s not easy to find because it’s not marked. You will...
4 Derb Sidi Besri, Meknès 50000, Morocco
December 11th, 2013 After some investigation about cities and places to visit in Morocco, we determined that Meknes was a must stop. There aren't as many accomodations. The medina is smaller than other cities (Fes, Tangier, Marrakesh). But it is a...
Medina, Meknes, Morocco
The streets are so narrow in the medina, that the only means of transport are the donkeys. They are driven in a frenzy, careening down the pathways, and you must jump out of the way or risk being run down. I think it's a "scare the tourist" game...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun