Collected by Megan Eiss-Proctor
Megan Eiss-Proctor′s Wishlist
Tenganan, Manggis, Karangasem Regency, Bali, Indonesia
In an island well known for its mass tourism, there is a shining light. JED Community Ecotours, links four local villages and one turtle conservation project whose passion is culture and environment of Bali. One village engaging in the program is...
Jl. Raya Candidasa, Sengkidu, Manggis, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80871, Indonesia
Visit this quiet village in eastern Bali for hand-loomed geringsing ikat weavings. Protected from outside development, the village still operates according to ancient traditions, and the residents are descended from one of the oldest Balinese...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village