Meet the People of the Caribbean
Collected by Patrick Bennett, AFAR Ambassador
Pico Duarte, Dominican Republic
Sometimes you have to really make an effort if you plan to meet interesting people. Such is the case with getting to spend some time with Juan Pablo Duarte... Well, at least this bronze bust of him. Widely considered the architect of the Dominican...
La Savane, St Martin
Kali's a character and his rum infusions left to bake in the punishing West Indian sun are not to be missed! Try from a selection including guavaberry (maybe not what you're thinking), passion fruit, papaya, banana and more. Don't forget to order...
Paseo Don Chiche, Cabarete 57000, Dominican Republic
OK, so there's this Italian eatery named Pomodoro Pizzeria right off the beach in Cabarete, Dominican Republic run by a couple born-and-bred Italians and it's one of the best places in the bay for mamajuana? Crazy, but true and Paolo would be...
Enterprise Coast Road, Oistins, Barbados, Barbados
One of the best spots in the Caribbean for surfing is Barbados. And if you're not one of the best surfers in the world (like me), one of the best breaks on the island to catch some waves has got to be Freights Bay. The added bonus is that most...
Hilda Davis Drive, Dickenson Bay St, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
At Pappa Zouk's rum bar in Antigua the truest path to happiness is through a mix of rum, fresh fish, new friends, and zouk music. First you should know that Pappa Zouk's is not a restaurant. It’s a rum bar with a dizzying array of rums, rhums, and...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village