Meet the People of the Caribbean
Collected by Patrick Bennett , AFAR Ambassador
Pico Duarte, Dominican Republic
Sometimes you have to really make an effort if you plan to meet interesting people. Such is the case with getting to spend some time with Juan Pablo Duarte... Well, at least this bronze bust of him. Widely considered the architect of the Dominican...
La Savane, St Martin
Kali's a character and his rum infusions left to bake in the punishing West Indian sun are not to be missed! Try from a selection including guavaberry (maybe not what you're thinking), passion fruit, papaya, banana and more. Don't forget to order...
Enterprise Coast Road, Oistins, Barbados, Barbados
One of the best spots in the Caribbean for surfing is Barbados. And if you're not one of the best surfers in the world (like me), one of the best breaks on the island to catch some waves has got to be Freights Bay. The added bonus is that most...
Hilda Davis Drive, Dickenson Bay St, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
At Pappa Zouk's rum bar in Antigua the truest path to happiness is through a mix of rum, fresh fish, new friends, and zouk music. First you should know that Pappa Zouk's is not a restaurant. It’s a rum bar with a dizzying array of rums, rhums, and...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019