Collected by She_wolf
Walking in feels like, pardon the obvious cliché, walking back in time. Elegant women in colorful saris stroll arm in arm down long, shaded boulevards. Men in linen suits actually relax by leaning against ancient palm trees. Benches are claimed by...
Avenue Dolphins 6, Pointe aux Sables 11102, Mauritius
There's something different about Mauritian rum. It's not made from molasses, like so many of the Caribbean varieties. Instead, it's distilled from pure sugarcane juice. It has a singular taste, specific to the island. And it's a taste you don't...
Have you ever wondered what a lion's fur feels like? Is it soft and silky like your average house cat? Or is it made of rougher stuff? You can sate that particular curiosity at the Casela Nature and Leisure Park. The park's trained staff host...
Route Royale, Grand Baie, Mauritius
You've planned your evening. You want to warm up with a quiet drink around a friendly bar, maybe with a little live acoustic music. Then, once you've got your bearings, you want to dance all those extra calories off. You can do both at Mauritius'...
Rue du Bazaar, Mahebourg, Mauritius
You wandered the stalls at Port Louis Grand Bazaar and found yourself a little disappointed by the touristy vibe. For a more traditional Mauritian marketing experience, head to the weekly Mahebourg Market on Mondays. Spices, textiles, crafts and...
Tamarind Falls Reservoir, Mauritius
Tamarind Falls are a breathtaking series of waterfalls set among pristine, lush rain forest. It's quite a hike up the gorge to get there, but you're rewarded by sparkling cascades of water, clear pools, and a wealth of bird life. Named for the...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States