Collected by Jen Murphy , AFAR Contributor
Wailea, Wailea-Makena, HI 96753, USA
We took a stroll up and down the coast at Wailea in Maui. It was paradise. There is a walkway that goes all along the coast in that area, and each hotel connects to it. There were so many activities going on there every night. Luaus, weddings,...
Waianapanapa, Hana, HI 96713, USA
The key to to appreciating Maui's Hana Highway is really taking the time to stop and explore along the way. One of my favorite places along the famous drive is Waianapanapa State Park. The 120-acre park is a mix of dense tropical forest, black...
4865 Uakea Rd, Hana, HI 96713, USA
Once you complete the 54-mile Road to Hana drive it's very hard to turn back the other way. Hana has a completely different personality than the rest of Maui and I always urge friends to stay a night in the sleepy little town. There are a handful...
Keanae Rd, Hawaii 96708, USA
The Road to Hana hugs tons of brilliant, jagged black lava shore. Around mile 16, pull of the road to explore the Keanae Peninsula. Thee're an old Hawaiian village, taro patches, and a church that dates back to the 1850s. I love watching the waves...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico