Collected by Jen Murphy, AFAR Contributor
Waimoku Falls, Hawaii 96713, USA
I used to live in Maui, right at the start of the Hana Highway, and driving the famous road was a weekly ritual. I recently went back to visit and found it still as breathtaking as ever. To avoid the tourist traffic (Mustangs seem to be the...
Wailea, Wailea-Makena, HI 96753, USA
The Wailea Ocean Walk is one of the most beautiful spots to watch the sunset in Maui. I like to run the walkway just as the sun is setting. The one-and-a-half mile path goes past fancy resorts like the Four Seasons and Grand Wailea. The hotels...
Waianapanapa, Hana, HI 96713, USA
The key to to appreciating Maui's Hana Highway is really taking the time to stop and explore along the way. One of my favorite places along the famous drive is Waianapanapa State Park. The 120-acre park is a mix of dense tropical forest, black...
4865 Uakea Rd, Hana, HI 96713, USA
Once you complete the 54-mile Road to Hana drive it's very hard to turn back the other way. Hana has a completely different personality than the rest of Maui and I always urge friends to stay a night in the sleepy little town. There are a handful...
Keanae Rd, Hawaii 96708, USA
The Road to Hana hugs tons of brilliant, jagged black lava shore. Around mile 16, pull of the road to explore the Keanae Peninsula. Thee're an old Hawaiian village, taro patches, and a church that dates back to the 1850s. I love watching the waves...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter