Collected by Cookie Davis
Kaihalulu Beach, Hana, HI 96713, USA
This was the end of the Hana Highway in Maui. Our guidebook told of a red sand beach, but it specifically left out information on how to get there, in an effort to keep people from spoiling it. Before our trip, I printed out some instructions from...
Pipiwai Trail, Hawaii 96713, USA
This was part of the Pipiwai Trail on the eastern side of Maui. It was right at the end of the Hana Highway. From the highway, it was about a 2 mile hike up into the bamboo forest to reach Waimoku Falls, an enormous waterfall. The bamboo portion...
1 Keolani Pl, Kahului, HI 96732, USA
I usually prefer to hike, wander, explore...and would absolutely NOT consider a helicopter tour. However, Maui was my exception, and for one day I chose to be a "tourist" rather than a traveler...it was worth it. I'd heard that much of Maui is...
820 Olowalu Village Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop is a Maui favorite. The eatery uses locally sourced ingredients to make everything from scratch. The chicken pot pie (pictured), the roast pork hoagie, and the signature burger are particularly delicious. You can't...
Poelua Bay HI 96793, Wailuku, HI 96793, USA
The north coast of west Maui is full of places to adventure! We parked off the side of Kahekili Highway 340, and we climbed around and stumbled down the lava rock and dirt path toward the water. There are a number of blowholes and tide pools in...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico