Collected by Sara Melvin
Kaihalulu Beach, Hana, HI 96713, USA
This was the end of the Hana Highway in Maui. Our guidebook told of a red sand beach, but it specifically left out information on how to get there, in an effort to keep people from spoiling it. Before our trip, I printed out some instructions from...
Hāmoa Beach, Hawaii 96713, USA
Legendary travels scribes from Michener to Twain have written of the beauty of lonely Hamoa. Sandy, sheltered, and dripping in palms, this remote stretch of shoreline on the eastern tip of Maui can make a case for Maui's best beach. Nevertheless,...
Hana Hwy, Haiku, HI 96708, USA
Well, I have never done this before. And by this I mean jumping in a fresh water pool with all of my clothes on(yes that little spec to the right is me) We hiked through the wet rainforest and came upon a few rapids and decided to follow it...
Bay Drive, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
When it comes to snorkeling, no single place on the West Side of Maui can compare to Honolua Bay. This marine life conservation district offers a healthy reef with hundreds of fish and a large population of sea turtles. The catch, however, is that...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter