Collected by Matt Gibson, AFAR Local Expert
Matt Gibson′s Wishlist
Cingshuei Cliff, Taiwan
There is an area of Taiwan, that, in my mind, will always be one of the most beautiful places on Earth. The Cingshui Cliffs, located along the Su-Hua Highway in Hualien – a county in eastern Taiwan – are soul-stirring and breathtaking to behold....
No. 218, Chenggong Street, Hualien City, Hualien County, Taiwan 970
Located north of Hualien on Highway 9 right passed the airport, the Cisingan Scenic Area allows you to cycle along the Pacific Ocean. You'll be immersed in palm tree and beach scenery while also riding passed public art and peaceful parks. There...
Sun Moon Lake, Yuchi Township, Nantou County, Taiwan 555
In 2012 CNN News named Sun Moon Lake on the world’s “10 Breathing Cycling Rides.” The lake is Taiwan’s largest alpine lake, and visitors have the opportunity to cycle around the 29-kilometer perimeter of the shimmering turquoise waters. You can...
713, Taiwan, Tainan City, Zuozhen District, 南162鄉道
“Caoshan Moonworld is a chalky Badlands tucked in the southern part of Tainan’s Zuozhen District. This outlandish terrain of roughly eroded, razor-sharp ridges and limited vegetation is rarely mentioned in guidebooks because it is relatively hard...
No. 1號, Zhongzheng Road, West Central District, Tainan City, Taiwan 700
Founded on Oct. 17, 2003, the National Museum of Taiwan Literature is the first national museum in Taiwan dedicated to the literary arts. Prior to its opening as the museum in 2003, the museum housed the Tainan Prefectural Government. The building...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys