Collected by MARY LINDSAY RITZ
MARY LINDSAY RITZ′s Wishlist
Fort William, UK
What was expected to be the low point of a two day getaway at the foot of Ben Nevis turned out to be one of the more beautiful experiences of my life so far. The four hour train ride between Glasgow and Fort William takes you between snow-capped...
Stonehaven AB39 2TL, UK
Dunnottar Castle is a dramatic and evocative ruined cliff-top fortress in a truly stunning setting. And just a half hour's drive from Aberdeen, Europe's oil-capital. William Wallace and Mary Queen of Scots graced the Castle with their presence....
Morningside Rd, Edinburgh EH10 4DR, UK
I was inspired to visit Loopy Lorna's Tea House thanks to an article published in the November/December 2010 issue of AFAR. Having a sweet tooth and a passion for tea - I had to experience it myself. Beyond the unique & specialty tea menu, the...
50 Blackfriars St, Edinburgh EH1 1NE, UK
Hostels - the word alone is strong enough to awaken the worst feelings in the world. Dirt. Noise. Horny frat boys. Communal bathrooms. EW. But over the last few years, a new trend emerged in Europe, and more recently over the world. Luxury...
210 Morningside Rd, Edinburgh EH10 4QQ, UK
I love old books, and this secondhand shop has a huge range, from classics to modern literature. —Gaynor Salisbury 204–206 Morningside Rd. 44/(0) 131-446-9169. This story appeared in the November/December 2010 issue. See all of Gaynor Salisbury’s...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security