Collected by Laura Savard
Le Marigot, Martinique
Traveling in Martinique, we stopped in a restaurant called "Le Ghetto" (in the northeast) to have lunch on Easter Sunday. The bar was open and few people were there. We started talking, having a drink, sharing a second one with the people there....
Route du Fort d'Alet, Anse Mitan, Les Trois Ilets 97729, Martinique
Driving around Martinique, we stopped by this little ice cream parlour in Trois Ilets for some well-deserved cooling treats. While I'm fluent in French, my friend wanted to practice his learned-in-high-school vocabulary and started talking with a...
domaine de l'acajou, Le François 97240, Martinique
The only rums in the Caribbean awarded the prestigious label Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée (AOC), Martinique’s signature spirits are made straight from the sugarcane juice and are a source of national pride. Watch the magic happen at Habitation...
Fort-de-France Bay, Martinique
Few things give you the kick needed to continue exploring the tropical city of Fort-de-France like a fresh cup of sugarcane juice! Luckily, it's easy to stumble across presses squeezing out this potent fluid throughout the city's back roads....
5,5km Route de Lamentin, Fort-de-France 97200, Martinique
The aged La Favorite Agricole Ambré earned a four-star rating in a 2011 New York Times tasting of rums from the Caribbean and Brazil. Be sure to taste the unaged Blanc as well. Open Mon.–Fri. 596/(0) 596-50-47-32.
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna