Collected by Martin Fritz Huber, AFAR Contributor
Martin Fritz Huber′s Wishlist
Largo Infante Dom Henrique, 2440 Batalha, Portugal
One of the most popular side trips from Lisbon is Batalha. When most people say they went to Batalha they refer to the Battle Abbey of Santa Maria da Vitoria. This magnificent church with its convent, cloisters, and unfinished chapels is one of...
Kärntner Durchgang 10, 1010 Wien, Austria
With a paneled ceiling, onyx wall tiles, and a green-and-white marble floor, the Loos American Bar is an art nouveau masterpiece designed in 1908 by Viennese architect Adolf Loos. Seats are at a premium in this 300-square-foot space, which packs...
Karmelitermarkt, 1020 Wien, Austria
Karmelitermarkt has catapulted itself from forgotten grocery stall compound to trendy neighbourhood market in recent years. The market is quieter and smaller than Naschmarkt, but has lovely eateries such as Marktachterl and Viennese/Georgian...
Mt. Whitney, California, USA
This was the view out of my tent opening as I went to bed early to prepare for my Summit bid on the Mountaineers Trail on Mount Whitney. Without another team in sight, and with Iceberg Lake all to ourselves, this was a great way to end the day.
To the southwest coast of Crete lies one of the most magical beaches. "Elafonisi" is one of the exotic beaches of Crete, located about 8 km from Chania, is characterized by dunes of white sand, crystal clear shallow waters, the tranquility and the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys