Collected by AFAR Traveler
Maren Lankford′s Wishlist
Mariatorget 3, 118 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Vibrantly decorated with art deco, avant-garde black-and-white portraits, bold Andy Warhol–style artwork, and all the trimmings of a boutique hotel, Rival is a modern hotel owned by founding ABBA member Benny Andersson. Located on Södermalm, the...
Norrmalmstorg 2-4, 111 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Location, Location, Location. The Nobis Hotel is in an excellent spot for exploring all that Stockholm has to offer. Gorgeous design, fab breakfast, and friendly staff. Free Wi-Fi and water. Do be aware that the standard room is very small.
Helgolandsgade 12, 1653 København, Denmark
The family-run Absalon Hotel Group has been operating hotels in Copenhagen for over 75 years, but their Andersen Hotel breaks the classic Danish mold with a retro 1970s feel, Philippe Starck furnishings, and bold patterns and pops of color....
Toldbodgade 24-28, 1253 København, Denmark
The Copenhagen Admiral Hotel began its life as an 18th-century warehouse on the Copenhagen waterfront, before being turned into a maritime-themed hotel in the 1970s. With the royal family’s Amalienborg Palace on one side, the lively and...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December