Collected by Constadina Sif
Proti, Gargaliani, Greece
Just a mile off Messinia's coast is the beautiful Proti Island, which is said to resemble a crocodile in shape, and is a haven for history buffs. On land, you'll find archeological sites and ruins from ancient temples and citadels. Additionally,...
Pilos 240 01, Greece
Located in Messinia's Mediterranean area, this popular beach is most well-known for its distinct "omega" shape. Locals and visitors come here to lap up the waves, admire the dunes, sunbathe on soft sand, hike, and bird watch. Other attractions...
Navarino Dunes Costa Navarino, Gargaliani 240 01, Greece
Through The Westin Resort Costa Navarino, guests can learn the art of Messenian cooking during a Messenian Cooking Class. Taking place in a village home in the scenic town of Pylos, the hands-on experience educates guests on local cooking styles...
Gialova, Pilos 240 01, Greece
Gialova Lagoon is a birder's paradise, home to over 270 species on account of its shallow waters and abundance of fish and plants. It's Greece's southernmost major wetland and the only place in Europe where you can see the African chameleon. The...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter