Montecristi, just 12 kilometers (seven miles) from Manta, is a popular stop for serious shoppers. The city is most famous for producing panama hats. (The misleading name reflects the fact that panama hats traveled through that country en route to...
If shopping is a priority and you are looking for typical Ecuadoran handicrafts, you will have the widest selection in nearby Montecristi. But if you don't have time to get out there, the Museo Centro Cultural Manta can do in a pinch. The...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys