Mammoth Lakes, CA
Collected by Linda Roberts
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, USA
Crystal Crag is a giant rock monolith situated in front of the Mammoth Crest. Nestled behind the crag is its namesake lake. Take the trail from the Lake George parking area up for 1.5 miles to get to Crystal Lake. The hike is relatively short, but...
644 Old Mammoth Rd, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, USA
Breakfast in Mammoth is serious business when you have to fuel hikers, skiers, snowboarders, and other adventure-seekers. The Stove has been serving up morning and afternoon meals for 40 years, with a menu of stick-to-your-ribs classics like...
Convict Lake, California 93546, USA
Convict Lake is known for spectacular colors in the fall, and there's already a trail there so it's the perfect place for a hike. Because of the different elevations, the fall colors peak at different times throughout the area, but you're likely...
106 Old Mammoth Rd, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, USA
A good meal at home without cooking is nearly impossible, but now you can fill up your refrigerator with gourmet food from Bleu Handcrafted Foods. House-cured meats, duck confit, and a selection of artisan cheeses are mostly ready to eat or...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights