Mammoth lakes, ca
Collected by Keph Senett, AFAR Local Expert
Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, USA
Mammoth Mountain is California’s highest ski resort, but the 11,053-foot summit isn’t just about bragging rights. The high elevation means colder temperatures, which usually means more snow. The California ski resort was not developed...
Convict Lake, California 93546, USA
Convict Lake is known for spectacular colors in the fall, and there's already a trail there so it's the perfect place for a hike. Because of the different elevations, the fall colors peak at different times throughout the area, but you're likely...
2987 Main St, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, USA
Established in 1986, this cow-themed restaurant is a local favorite serving American-style breakfasts every day, starting at 6 a.m. The pancakes and omelettes are specialties, and the biscuits are highly recommended. A great place to fuel up...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind