Mammoth lakes, ca
Collected by Keph Senett, AFAR Local Expert
Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, USA
Mammoth Mountain is California’s highest ski resort, but the 11,053-foot summit isn’t just about bragging rights. The high elevation means colder temperatures, which usually means more snow. The California ski resort was not developed...
Convict Lake, California 93546, USA
Convict Lake is known for spectacular colors in the fall, and there's already a trail there so it's the perfect place for a hike. Because of the different elevations, the fall colors peak at different times throughout the area, but you're likely...
2987 Main St, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, USA
Established in 1986, this cow-themed restaurant is a local favorite serving American-style breakfasts every day, starting at 6 a.m. The pancakes and omelettes are specialties, and the biscuits are highly recommended. A great place to fuel up...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now