Collected by Carrie
St Paul's Bay, Malta
Sam Cremona was a former gemologist turned olive-ologist; he is actually an olive oil sommelier! Cremona spearheading a project to cultivate and bring indigenous olives back to Malta and put them on the olive oil map of the world. He’s giving away...
Sqaq Il-Knisja, Ħaż-Żebbuġ, Malta
Throngs of people milled about to the strains of rousing music blaring through loudspeakers, and the atmosphere in Zebbug Malta pulsated with anticipation. Bright-eyed toddlers sat atop their fathers’ shoulders; gray-haired women leaned on elbows...
Get off the touristy streets and wander around the neighborhoods of the old town of Valletta. Take in the beautiful wooden balconies that stretch around corners and cross over cobblestone streets. But be prepared for some hill work—this old city...
143 St Domnic Street, Valletta VLT 1605, Malta
Wander off the main street, lose the tourists, and head up the hilly side streets to find Nenu. This artisan bakery is downstairs in a restored, classic bakery that was refurbished to preserve the art of Maltese baking. I enjoyed the the Ftira...
244 Republic, Il-Belt Valletta VLT 1114, Malta
Stop in for an espresso or cappuccino at the opulent Café Cordina (a local and tourist hangout near the Cathedral on Republica Street). I suggest you pass by all of the tourists sitting outside and instead have your coffee the local way: standing...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna