Collected by Melissa Maurival
Get off the touristy streets and wander around the neighborhoods of the old town of Valletta. Take in the beautiful wooden balconies that stretch around corners and cross over cobblestone streets. But be prepared for some hill work—this old city...
Nordurljosavegur 9, 240 Grindavík, Iceland
Iceland’s largest and most famous geothermal spa lies around an hour outside Reykjavik, quite close to Keflavik Airport. With a dramatic setting amidst large black lava boulders, the steam-filled, creamy-blue pool area is a striking and...
133, Spinola, Road, San Ġiljan, Malta
Set on the edge of scenic Spinola Bay, friendly Gululu serves up simple, traditional Maltese dishes to an always-buzzing crowd of tourists and locals alike. You can take a seat at one of the outside tables that spill out toward the water's edge,...
Rabat Road, Xaghra XRA 9010, Malta
Ta Mena estate is back to its roots: wine and olives. They still produce other jams and spreads in small quantities, but their main mission today is to let the world know how great Gozitan wines are. And based on my taste test, they can rival any...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign