Collected by Fernanda del Villar
Carrer Joan de Saridakis, 29, 07015 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
One of Spain's most influential artists, Joan Miró had a long love affair with Mallorca where he moved at age 63 in 1956. His focus was on recurring themes, like landscapes, birds, stars, and the sun and moon. In his later works, his style...
Carrer Camilo José Cela, s/n, 07014 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
Castell de Bellver, visible for miles around from its wooded hilltop outside Palma, is a unique building and one of Mallorca’s most famous sights. Bellver (from the Old Catalan bell veer, meaning "beautiful view") is one of Europe’s few circular...
Carrer Portella, 9, 07001 Palma de Mallorca, Islas Baleares, Spain
Another of Spain's most famous 20th-century artists is well represented by the Museo Can Morey de Santmarti which opened in the summer of 2012. Housed in a 16th-century palace near Palma's cathedral, 200 works by the surrealist artist's drawings...
Plaça de Weyler, 3, 07001 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
Palma’s most important example of early 20th century modernisme, this striking building with its richly crafted interior decor featuring stained glass and ceramic tiles was designed in 1903 by Catalan architect and Gaudí contemporary Lluís...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles