Collected by Jennifer Edmondson
Plaça de Santa Eulàlia, 07001 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
Pop into the tiny storefront 'take-away restaurant' Sobrasada Ferrerico for a quick lunch while strolling the streets of Palma, Majorca. The tuna in phylo pastry is especially delicious, as is the traditional spreadable pork 'salame' made from the...
Gran Via, 43, 07100 Sóller, Illes Balears, Spain
At lunch, Chef Xisco Martorell offers a bargain five-course menu del día. It might include black rice risotto with squid. For wine, try the Chateau Paquita, a blend based on the region’s revived Callet grape. Gran Via, 43; 34/971-638-398 This...
Son Canals, s/n, 07179 Deià, Illes Balears, Spain
The grand, stone-and-stucco hotel’s twin, ivy-clad manor houses sit on a broad hillside terrace, commanding brilliant views of the surrounding rocky-topped mountains and the sea below. From $710. Carrer son Canals, 34/971-639-011 This appeared in...
Carretera Vieja Valldemosa SN, 07170 Valldemossa, Illes Balears, Spain
An adorable village near the northern coast. Very small and quiet during the low season, Valdemossa is a great place to stay, hike, eat, etc. Be sure to pick up some cocas de patatas, a sweet pastry perfect for a light breakfast or to pack in a...
Calle Bélgica, s/n, 07108 Port de Sóller, Illes Balears, Spain
Opened this summer, and rapidly becoming a must-visit. One of the best hotels in Mallorca in my opinion. Seamless service, large rooms with breath-taking sea views, very good spa facilities, and great cuisine. What else can you ask for?
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local