Collected by Urs Reichert
Gran Via, 43, 07100 Sóller, Illes Balears, Spain
At lunch, Chef Xisco Martorell offers a bargain five-course menu del día. It might include black rice risotto with squid. For wine, try the Chateau Paquita, a blend based on the region’s revived Callet grape. Gran Via, 43; 34/971-638-398 This...
Carretera Vieja Valldemosa SN, 07170 Valldemossa, Illes Balears, Spain
An adorable village near the northern coast. Very small and quiet during the low season, Valdemossa is a great place to stay, hike, eat, etc. Be sure to pick up some cocas de patatas, a sweet pastry perfect for a light breakfast or to pack in a...
Carrer de Castanyer, 2, 07100 Sóller, Illes Balears, Spain
The best way to reach Soller is by antique train. It makes the trip several times a day from Palma to Soller. Along the way you'll see orange groves, mountains, and villages hidden away in the countryside.
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022