Collected by Urs Reichert
Gran Via, 43, 07100 Sóller, Illes Balears, Spain
At lunch, Chef Xisco Martorell offers a bargain five-course menu del día. It might include black rice risotto with squid. For wine, try the Chateau Paquita, a blend based on the region’s revived Callet grape. Gran Via, 43; 34/971-638-398 This...
Carretera Vieja Valldemosa SN, 07170 Valldemossa, Illes Balears, Spain
An adorable village near the northern coast. Very small and quiet during the low season, Valdemossa is a great place to stay, hike, eat, etc. Be sure to pick up some cocas de patatas, a sweet pastry perfect for a light breakfast or to pack in a...
Carrer de Castanyer, 2, 07100 Sóller, Illes Balears, Spain
The best way to reach Soller is by antique train. It makes the trip several times a day from Palma to Soller. Along the way you'll see orange groves, mountains, and villages hidden away in the countryside.
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles