Collected by Sue Manuel , AFAR Local Expert
I-City, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
i-City in Shah Alam, Malaysia is a park filled with artificial trees made of colourful digital lights. Yes, it's touristy and full of people (mostly locals), but it's a lot of fun! Great for photography. There are also other attractions nearby...
Pangkor Island, Perak, Malaysia
My charged childhood memories of summer days spent fishing, swimming and exploring the backcountry of central Ontario are a far cry from the wild tropical jungles and lavish sandscapes of Malaysia’s island paradises, places where angel fish tango...
Jalan Perdana, Tasik Perdana, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
A devout hiking a flight of steps at the National Mosque (Masjid Negara) in Kuala Lumpur. There are special visiting hours for those who are not Muslim (these are typically between prayer times) and to visit those inappropriately dressed can...
18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018953
This new botanical garden features two cooling conservatories, where plants and trees from various parts of the world gather under one glass roof. It's the best place to stop by and smell the flowers, and to practice photography in Singapore.
TELUK BELANGA, 32300 Pangkor Island, Perak, Malaysia
If you're in search of hornbills, there's no need to trek into the deepest jungles. Just relax on the beach in Pangkor Island, Malaysia and they'll come flying to you at sunrise and sunset! The Pangkor Island Beach Resort has a feeding area for...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico