Make Mine Mexico
Collected by Patrick Bennett , AFAR Ambassador
Av Chemuyil Mz 26 Smz 70, La Toscana, 77725 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
A dilapidated warehouse, cobalt blue on the outside, draws me in. It doesn't look promising, paint peeling and in need of repair, but I have learned never to judge a book by its cover here in Mexico. I walk from bright sunlight into cool shade,...
Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Mexico
The fragrance of mangoes drifts across the square and pulls me in. Big mangoes, little mangoes. Red, green and yellow mangoes. I follow my nose on my tiptoes like Bugs Bunny falling in love. The market in Puerto Aventuras is only open on...
Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Just when it seemed like the Riviera Maya Riviera had become nothing but a sea of all-inclusive beach resorts, you stumble upon the quaint little Mexican village of Puerto Morelos. There are almost no huge developments, no shopping outlets, and no...
México 307, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
Tulum, Mexico, is a magical place that has never yet seemed to be to crowded or overrun. It is the smaller sister of Playa Del Carmen on the Yucatan Peninsula. The whole area is made of limestone and lowland jungle with amazing, crystal-clear...
Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico
What combats humidity and sweltering air that feels like it's being expelled from a jet engine? Paletas! At less than a dollar and in a range of bright juicy flavors, these little Mexican popsicles offer a melty respite from the summer heat. Try...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall