Collected by Nancy Sjostrom
A certain amount of dedication is required to see the sunrise. You have to commit to getting up early, then fight the urge to hit snooze when "go time" comes around. You drag yourself out of bed and to the prime sunrise watching spot - in this...
Peaks Island, Portland, ME 04108, USA
You really can't experience Portland without experiencing the islands of Casco Bay. The bay is everything to the city. It drives the fishing industry, the tourism industry, and most of the local fun. A ferry service leaving off Commercial Street...
Cadillac Mountain, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
With a visit to Bar Harbor and Mt Desert Island a trip up Cadillac Mountain should not be missed. You can either take a lovely hike from either one of the trails or drive up the mountain. Either way you will not be disappointed with the views. A...
95 Main St, Freeport, ME 04032, USA
While in Maine a truly adventurer wouldn't want to miss a stop in Freeport to shop till they drop all day long at L.L. Bean. As the founder, Leon Leonwood Bean has been quoted to say, "Selling good products at a reasonable profit, treat your...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now