Collected by AFAR Explorer
12 Captain Strout Cir, Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107, USA
Chances are that when you think of a lighthouse, the image that pops into your head is the iconic Portland Head Light. The tapered white tower on the end of a rocky cape buffeted by crashing waves? Yup, that’s the one. The adjacent...
138 Congress St, Portland, ME 04101, USA
Because of the port’s shape and its orientation away from the ocean, ships can’t be seen from the Old Port until they’re very close by. This wooden tower was built in 1809 to allow those ashore to spot and communicate with ships that were still a...
Eastern Promenade, Portland, ME 04101, USA
The Eastern Prom, a recreation area on the waterfront not far from the Old Port, includes paved trails that run three kilometers (two miles) along a waterfront bluff and down along the shore. The views across Casco Bay and the islands are enough...
Goose Rocks Beach, Maine 04046, USA
A great find in Southern Maine, a beautiful five mile beach with spectacular views and long stretches of white sand. No place can compare to the beauty that this beach embraces that families have come to summer for many generations. A perfect day...
77 Pier Rd, (located inside Pier 77), Kennebunkport, ME 04046, USA
The Ramp Bar & Grill is an excellent place to enjoy any day in Cape Porpoise. It's a great place to chill out over a pint with a friend and to eat off the scrumptious menu. You can order from the upstairs dinning room, Pier 77's menus as well....
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local