Collected by Jessica frank
Pemaquid Point, Bristol, ME 04554, USA
Spectacular rock formations line the coast at Pemaquid Point with a historical US lighthouse overlooking the North Atlantic. It's a great place for an adventure with a camera, picnic or rockclimbing enthusiastic. A must see lighthouse in the...
12 Captain Strout Cir, Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107, USA
Chances are that when you think of a lighthouse, the image that pops into your head is the iconic Portland Head Light. The tapered white tower on the end of a rocky cape buffeted by crashing waves? Yup, that’s the one. The adjacent...
1 Battle Ave, Castine, ME 04421, USA
Castine, Maine is a quaint fishing village settled in 1613. I'd never heard of it before I spun the proverbial globe and asked a friend where I should take my next vacation. Her mother-in-law summers in Maine (as do many New Yorkers who use...
Goose Rocks Beach, Maine 04046, USA
A great find in Southern Maine, a beautiful five mile beach with spectacular views and long stretches of white sand. No place can compare to the beauty that this beach embraces that families have come to summer for many generations. A perfect day...
Sand Beach, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Sand Beach is the only sandy beach on Mount Desert Island, which makes it really busy during the day. The best time to escape the crowds is during a moonlight night. When the beach will be mostly empty (other than the occasional ranger program)....
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 4 Travel News Which State You Live in Says a Lot About Where You Like to Travel
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos