Collected by Meghan Hagedorn
Spent a day on the southwestern side of Mount Desert Island, Maine this summer en route to a friend's wedding. The jaunt included a mild hike around the Ship Harbor Nature Trail, part of Acadia National Park. I saw this schooner behind the trees...
9 Thurston Rd, Bernard, ME 04612, USA
Bar Harbor is home to quite a variety of places to consume lobster. However, none of them are quite as authentic and delicious as Thurston's Lobster Pound on the "quiet side" of the island. It's a bit of a drive from Bar Harbor, but the food is...
15 Peabody Dr, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662, USA
The Asticou Inn and its adjacent azalea garden are exceptional spots to stop on Mount Desert Island. The inn itself is one of the nicest lodging options on the island just outside of the prestigious village of Northeast Harbor, close to everything...
5 Main St, Blue Hill, ME 04614, USA
Take a day trip from Mount Desert Island to the significantly less traveled portion of the national park, Isle au Haut, which can only be reached via mail boat from Stonington. While you are there, stop at Black Dinah Chocolatier to pick up some...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village