Collected by Bertie Downs
Schooner Head, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Every travel guide you read suggests you take in a sunrise on top of Cadillac during a trip to Acadia, and while it is beautiful, there are other, less crowded places to get a wonderful morning view. Drive down Schooner Head Road and hike down the...
Spent a day on the southwestern side of Mount Desert Island, Maine this summer en route to a friend's wedding. The jaunt included a mild hike around the Ship Harbor Nature Trail, part of Acadia National Park. I saw this schooner behind the trees...
Mt Desert Island, Maine, USA
Mt. Desert Island on Maine's coast is the home of Acadia National Park. The primary town on the island is Bar Harbor, and while lovely, is a tourist magnet. Get off the beaten track around this lovely island for great hiking, up Cadillac mountain...
Sand Beach, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Sand Beach is the only sandy beach on Mount Desert Island, which makes it really busy during the day. The best time to escape the crowds is during a moonlight night. When the beach will be mostly empty (other than the occasional ranger program)....
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now