Collected by Nick Gracilla
132 Botanical Gardens Dr, Boothbay, ME 04537, USA
Since opening in 2007 with 128 acres and 3,600 feet of tidal shorefront, the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens has grown to a whopping 295 acres. Equal parts masterful and magical, the gardens comprise formal plantings and themed gardens, woodland...
Pemaquid Point, Bristol, ME 04554, USA
Spectacular rock formations line the coast at Pemaquid Point with a historical US lighthouse overlooking the North Atlantic. It's a great place for an adventure with a camera, picnic or rockclimbing enthusiastic. A must see lighthouse in the...
Monhegan Island, Monhegan, ME 04852, USA
Rugged Monhegan, aka the Artists’ Island, lies about a dozen miles out to sea, and is reachable only by passenger ferries. About 60 hardy souls live here year-round, most making a living from the sea. If you get a sense of déjà...
1447 5 Islands Rd, Georgetown, ME 04548, USA
Down at the very end of the road on the Island of Georgetown, Five Islands Lobster Co. serves up fresh-caught one to four and a half pound lobsters. They also have lobster rolls, haddock, clams, scallops, and plenty of non-seafood options. The...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun