Collected by Gabrielle Watkins
12 By-Way, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538, USA
If you're anywhere near Boothbay Harbor, Maine, you MUST eat here. During our week in Maine this summer (2013) we had our best dinner here - possibly one of our best meals ever! The ambiance was casual and relaxing - we were on the third floor...
Sand Beach, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Sand Beach is the only sandy beach on Mount Desert Island, which makes it really busy during the day. The best time to escape the crowds is during a moonlight night. When the beach will be mostly empty (other than the occasional ranger program)....
Schooner Head, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Every travel guide you read suggests you take in a sunrise on top of Cadillac during a trip to Acadia, and while it is beautiful, there are other, less crowded places to get a wonderful morning view. Drive down Schooner Head Road and hike down the...
Spent a day on the southwestern side of Mount Desert Island, Maine this summer en route to a friend's wedding. The jaunt included a mild hike around the Ship Harbor Nature Trail, part of Acadia National Park. I saw this schooner behind the trees...
A certain amount of dedication is required to see the sunrise. You have to commit to getting up early, then fight the urge to hit snooze when "go time" comes around. You drag yourself out of bed and to the prime sunrise watching spot - in this...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022