Collected by Tricia A. Mitchell
Rijeka Crnojevića, Montenegro
Hidden beneath the overbearing black mountains that crown Lake Skadar in Montenegro is the small fishing village of Karuc – an unexpected oasis in an austere mountain landscape. Arrive in Karuc from a windy road off the main way from Podgorica,...
255 Sveti Stasije 85330, Dobrota, Montenegro
If I retire abroad, it might be in Perast, Montenegro, on the beautiful bay of Kotor. Sparkling water, beautiful architecture, and the freshest seafood I've had anywhere....for cheap! Grilled squid with black ink risotto that needs nothing beyond...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States