Collected by Joseph Cyr, AFAR Local Expert
Plaza Cánovas del Castillo, 4, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Renowned chef Paco Roncero re-interprets everyday Spanish food without crossing the line into pretentiousness at Estado Puro; here, flavor matters more than presentation and dishes are perfectly portioned. Patatas bravas, fried potatoes spiked...
Plaza de la Independencia, 7, 28001 Madrid, Spain
The Parque del Buen Retiro is one of Madrid's iconic outdoor spots: acres and acres of green and shade--the city's beloved lung and playground... ...and several outdoor terrace-cafés dot the grounds for when you need a coffee, ice-cream, beer,...
Paseo República de Cuba, 4, 28009 Madrid, Spain
Of course, when you go to Madrid, you'll have to stay up late into the lively night—matar la noche (kill the night), as they say... But if you can possibly wake up early one morning, the city's Parque del Retiro (sometimes also called "Parque del...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022