Collected by Joel Speyer
Calle de la Bola, 4, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Dinner at El Mollete Taberna was my most memorable meal during a solo trip to Spain last year. This tiny Tapas bar is run by an amazing family and their passion for food and wine comes through in every bite. The family tucked me in at the bar, set...
Plaza de San Miguel, 1, 28005 Madrid, Spain
The Mercado de San Miguel in Madrid is one of the best places to go for a little of everything local, or tapas-style shopping. They are always busy. Whether you are looking for ham or oysters, fresh fruits or desserts, coffee or wine, they have it...
“There’s an old saying: ‘If you’re looking for something, go to Maravillas. If you don’t find it, it doesn’t exist.’ This is Madrid’s biggest covered market, one of the biggest in Europe.” - Alberto Fernández Bravo Murillo 122, 34/(0) 91-533-4030....
Calle de Augusto Figueroa, 24B, 28004 Madrid, Spain
Madrid's multi-level Mercado San Anton is a sight to be seen. Rows of gorgeous produce, local specialties, Italian deli favorites, briny seafood and locally-farmed meats line the perimeter of each floor, each stall more enticing than the one...
Paseo República de Cuba, 4, 28009 Madrid, Spain
Of course, when you go to Madrid, you'll have to stay up late into the lively night—matar la noche (kill the night), as they say... But if you can possibly wake up early one morning, the city's Parque del Retiro (sometimes also called "Parque del...
Paseo del Prado, s/n, 28014 Madrid, Spain
I spotted this beautiful residential building while walking from the Prado Museum to Parque Buen Retiro in Madrid one morning. Were the residents recovering from a late night tapas crawl or were they up enjoying a cafe con leche?
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna