Collected by Ross Chapman
Sol, Madrid, Spain
La Descubierta was the perfect people watching place in Central Madrid. The surrounding streets where full of tourists but this carless alley seemed to be mostly locals. We stayed for hours; eating, drinking and watching people. It was perfect....
Plaza de San Miguel, 1, 28005 Madrid, Spain
The Mercado de San Miguel in Madrid is one of the best places to go for a little of everything local, or tapas-style shopping. They are always busy. Whether you are looking for ham or oysters, fresh fruits or desserts, coffee or wine, they have it...
Calle de Augusto Figueroa, 24B, 28004 Madrid, Spain
Madrid's multi-level Mercado San Anton is a sight to be seen. Rows of gorgeous produce, local specialties, Italian deli favorites, briny seafood and locally-farmed meats line the perimeter of each floor, each stall more enticing than the one...
Plaza de Platerías de Martínez, 1, 28014 Madrid, Spain
The evening of my arrival in Madrid I stumbled to an outdoor tapas restaurant on Calle las Huertas, across the street from the Prado, called La Tapería. I ordered vino tinto, a pequillo pepper stuffed with bacalao, and pan tomate con jamón. My...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun