Collected by Miguel Carvalho
9100-105 Santa Cruz, Madeira, Portugal
The Madeira airport is known for its specifically located runaway. Originally 1600 m, finally extended to 2781 m (9,124 ft). But for me landing is still tricky. When you approaching, rocks on the left, ocean to the right and runaway with the end...
Largo do Chafariz, 9000-080 Funchal, Portugal
While traveling to Portugal, I decided to plan about five days on Madeira Island. Madeira has been called "The Pearl of the Atlantic" because of its lush beauty. When we arrived, I could see just why this little bit of heaven was given that title....
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter