Collected by Cindy Bryce
9100-105 Santa Cruz, Madeira, Portugal
The Madeira airport is known for its specifically located runaway. Originally 1600 m, finally extended to 2781 m (9,124 ft). But for me landing is still tricky. When you approaching, rocks on the left, ocean to the right and runaway with the end...
Rua 5 de Outubro 78, Funchal, 9000-079, Ilha da Madeira, Funchal, Sé, 9000-079 Funchal, Portugal
While in Madeira, you of course visit the Madeira Wine Institute and Old Blandy"s Wine Lodge in Funchal. Both offer tours and tastings. Madeira wine has always been popular especially with the British. For some years, the interest in Madeira wines...
Largo do Chafariz, 9000-080 Funchal, Portugal
While traveling to Portugal, I decided to plan about five days on Madeira Island. Madeira has been called "The Pearl of the Atlantic" because of its lush beauty. When we arrived, I could see just why this little bit of heaven was given that title....
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun