Collected by Cindy Bryce
9100-105 Santa Cruz, Madeira, Portugal
The Madeira airport is known for its specifically located runaway. Originally 1600 m, finally extended to 2781 m (9,124 ft). But for me landing is still tricky. When you approaching, rocks on the left, ocean to the right and runaway with the end...
Rua 5 de Outubro 78, Funchal, 9000-079, Ilha da Madeira, Funchal, Sé, 9000-079 Funchal, Portugal
While in Madeira, you of course visit the Madeira Wine Institute and Old Blandy"s Wine Lodge in Funchal. Both offer tours and tastings. Madeira wine has always been popular especially with the British. For some years, the interest in Madeira wines...
Largo do Chafariz, 9000-079 Funchal, Portugal
While traveling to Portugal, I decided to plan about five days on Madeira Island. Madeira has been called "The Pearl of the Atlantic" because of its lush beauty. When we arrived, I could see just why this little bit of heaven was given that title....
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles