Made in Hawaii, Sold on Maui
Collected by Andrea Rip, AFAR Local Expert
The small, dry, mysterious island of Niʽihau is unlike any in the Hawaiian chain. This arid island to the southwest of Kauaʽi was sold in 1864 to the Robinson family by King Kahemameha V. For 150 years, the island has existed under the domain of a...
2435 Kaanapali Pkwy # H4, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Everyone loves a vacation to Maui, but the unfortunate reality is that even the longest trips eventually come to an end. For those who want something more to take home than a sunburn or sand in your shorts, there are a number of stores in Whalers...
6 Kai Ala Dr, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Even with a population of only 140,000 people, Maui has a remarkable amount of residents who possess some sort of artistic talent. From jewelry to clothing to hand-carved wood, you can find local artists hawking their wares at craft fairs across...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys