Collected by AFAR Traveler
23 Rue Jean Larrivé, 69003 Lyon, France
Best frites (aka French fries) EVER. They were hand-cut by the 87-year old owner, Madame Giraud. I wrote about her in my AFAR article about Lyon's bouchons. These frites were pure heaven paired with Madame's steak with brown butter. (Yes, I did...
Cité Internationale, 81 Quai Charles de Gaulle, 69006 Lyon, France
Lyon is famous for its food and its medieval architecture, its rivers and its shopping. A striking juxtaposition to all of that is the airy, approachable Contemporary Art Museum on the north side of town. Bordering a gorgeous public park, the...
Rue de l'Antiquaille, 69005 Lyon, France
Each summer, the large ancient Roman amphitheater that sits atop Fourviere Hill in Lyon becomes the site of a two-month-long performing arts festival, Les Nuits de Fourviere. There is a different act almost every night, ranging from rock music to...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022