Collected by Anita Agarwal
La Croix Rousse, 26210 Lapeyrouse-Mornay, France
Although you seriously have to hoof it to reach the top of La Croix Rousse, it's worth it to experience the views, restaurants, traboules (type of alley/walkway only found in Lyon, France), and rich history. Along the way however, be prepared to...
8 Rue du Palais de Justice, 69005 Lyon, France
My sister and I went exploring the city center in Lyon and came across a bakery we knew we had to eat at. I don't think there was a boulangerie we didn't go into while in France. This one we realized specialized in brioche praline - which we...
7 Rue du Garet, 69001 Lyon, France
This is my favorite bouchon interior. Here's what owner Emmanuel Ferra said when I interviewed him for my article in AFAR: “Ah! The decor is very special! We change nothing! Over the years, different bosses added another decoration, and another...
156 Rue de Créqui, 69003 Lyon, France
This odd-looking blimp is actually a quenelle de brochet, one of the quintessential foods of Lyon. They're big dumplings made out of pike fish, covered in Sauce Nantua, a classic French sauce made with crayfish. Daniel et Denise, owned by an...
Le Colombier, 71340 Iguerande, France
In a former stable tucked into the Burgundy countryside, chef Michel Troisgros turns out updated rural staples such as pan-fried veal with citrusy yuzu sauce. Troisgros’s modern flair is also evident in three houseboat-shaped cadole cabins where...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States